The foot is an intricate structure consisting of 26 bones all working together in synchrony with more than 25 muscles that pass through the foot. When one component of that system is injured it can create a chain reaction of pain and further injury. With the physical demands of life in a big city, NYC foot doctors see a wide variety of foot injuries every day. All symptoms should always be evaluated with a thorough consultation and examination by your podiatrist for an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan to exclude any underlying serious condition.
Common Injuries and Foot Conditions
Foot doctors in NYC see a wide range of ailments from bunions and hammer toes to ankle sprains and fractures. Some of the common conditions of the foot and ankle are:
- Achilles Tendon
- Acute Foot Fractures
- Ankle Sprains
- Ball of Foot Pain
- Heel Pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Stress fractures
- Toe Pain
Torn ligaments/tendons or foot fractures may require surgery. Your podiatrist typically performs conservative treatment before surgery is recommended but there are certain cases where surgical is indicated as an initial treatment.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★Dr.Solomon is a great doctor! She is very professional. Due to my tight work schedule, I was able to walk-in and see podiatrist Dr. Solomon in nyc office with minimal wait time.
If you are experiencing pain in your feet and are not sure of the cause, visit a leading podiatrist in New York City, Dr. Sophia Solomon for diagnosis and treatment. There’s no reason to have pain, discomfort or limitations due to problems with your feet. Schedule a visit with a top New York foot doctor like Dr. Solomon to diagnose and treat your foot injuries.
Causes of Foot Injuries
There are numerous causes of foot injuries such as twisting, blunt force, repetitive stress and over-extension. There are numerous causes of foot injuries such as twisting, blunt force, repetitive stress and over-extension. The type of injury can often predict what has become torn or fractured within the body. For example, a fifth metatarsal fracture is commonly seen with an inversion ankle sprain. The best NYC podiatrist, Dr. Sophia Solomon will perform proper testing and imaging to diagnose your injury accurately.
If you are suffering pain in your feet, visit a top NYC podiatrist, Dr. Sophia Solomon for a thorough exam and diagnosis of your problem. You are likely to need a NYC foot specialist or podiatric doctor as a result of the following conditions:
- Have recently started having cramping or pain when performing sports
- Have recently noticed a skin growth on your foot
- Have swelling and pain
- Have recently had a weight increase and feet feel fatigued
- Overstretching the soles of your feet — which happens to athletes who increase their running distance or intensity, or who have poor starting techniques “off the blocks”
- Suffering from osteoporosis, which is a weakening of your bones
- Being diagnosed with arthritis in your feet
- Having a condition like diabetes, tarsal tunnel syndrome
Symptoms Foot Injuries
Your symptoms may vary, based on the injury. Your podiatric doctor or a foot doctor will review your symptoms during your visit. Common symptoms include:
- Tenderness in any part of your foot
- Inability to stand or put weight on foot
- Bruising or swelling
Diagnosing Foot Injuries
Your injury will be diagnosed by physical exam, X-Ray and sometimes other more advanced imaging techniques such as an MRI. A thorough history of your symptoms by your NYC podiatric doctor is vital to an accurate diagnosis be ready to describe when the pain presented, what decreases and increases the pain and all prior treatments. Additional diagnostic tests may include X-rays, an MRI or an ultrasound of the affected area. These tests are often available and performed right in the office of the best rated podiatrist in NYC, Dr. Sophia Solomon
Treatment of Foot Injuries
Your injury will be diagnosed by physical exam, X-Ray and sometimes other more advanced imaging techniques such as an MRI. Some foot pain can resolve with rest and time. But you may be able to decrease the length of recovery with prompt treatment following the injury. Consult an experienced podiatrist in NYC, Dr. Sophia Solomon for treatment of your injury.
Recommended initial treatments for foot injuries:
- Rest: Take the weight off your foot and avoid running and excessive walking. It’s one of the best ways to help your foot heal.
- Compression: Place an ace bandage around injured area to minimize swelling.
- Footwear: Avoid walking on hard surfaces or barefoot. Only wear shoes with good arch support and cushioned heels. Laced shoes are preferred over sandals, and avoid old shoes that have worn cushion and soles.
- Exercise: Gentle stretching of your feet and legs — particularly your calves — can help ease symptoms and prevent injury. Exercise on a regular basis, and consult with your podiatric doctor in NYC before beginning any new home exercises.
- Anti-inflammatories: Taking pain relief medications like ibuprofen and acetaminophen as needed not only relieves pain but also reduces swelling. And you can buy anti-inflammatory creams or gels that reduce pain and swelling.
Other treatments for foot injuries include laser therapy or PRP injections. Ask your podiatrist about her recommendations. You may benefit from the use of special splints that you wear at night to stretch your muscles, tendons and fascia while you sleep .
In some cases, your foot doctor in NYC may suggest wearing a boot or brace to protect your foot. In severe cases, you may need surgery, which always is considered the last resort.
Torn ligaments/tendons or foot fractures may require surgery. Your podiatrist typically performs conservative treatment before surgery is recommended but there are certain cases where surgical is indicated as an initial treatment. The recommended procedure will be discussed with your foot doctor at your office visit.
In most of the cases Dr. Solomon is trying to use a minimally invasive techniques to treat many foot conditions requiring surgery in her office or in a surgical center. Common outpatient surgical procedures in our podiatric clinic in NYC are: bunion removal surgery, hammertoe surgery, plantar fasciitis endoscopic surgery, achilles tendon rupture correction surgery. Possible complications from foot surgery typically include increased pain, infection and injury to nerves.
Important Reminder: This information is only intended to provide guidance, not definitive medical advice. Please consult foot doctor about your specific condition. Only a trained, experienced board certified podiatrist or foot specialist can determine an accurate diagnosis and proper treatment.
Do you have any questions about a Foot Injuries treatment or surgery in NYC? Would you like to schedule an appointment with an internationally recognized, top NYC Podiatrist and foot doctor, Dr. Sophia Solomon of Manhattan Podiatry? Please contact our office for consultation.
In The Press
Call now to make an appointment with our award winning, board certified NYC podiatrists regarding your health. We look forward to seeing you!book online now (212) 389-9918
(212) 389-9918 Podiatrist (Midtown) 51 East 25th Street Ste 451, NY 10010
(212) 389-9918 Podiatrist (Union Square) 55 W 17th St Ste 106, NY 10011